23 Jan 2015

4D movies in Korea

A few weeks ago when we visted Seoul for a winter weekend, we checked out a 4Dx movie. This was something completely new to me as we don't have these in South Africa. We watched The Hobbit at CGV in Sinchon and it really was a mind blowing experience. 


We had to go to the morning show as the seats were all sold out in the evening and I definitely would not be able to stay awake for a 1am show. Seeing a movie in the morning feels kind of strange but we weren't complaining as tickets are much cheaper and we paid 12000won each. Booking movies is surprisingly easy for foreigners with the use of CineKorea and it worked perfectly for us. 

We have seen a couple of movies in Jeonju and one thing that is different from the movies in South Africa, are the snacks. Popcorn flavours generally come in caramel or onion and other snacks like dried squid are sold. In Sinchon however, they sold 'gourmet popcorn' including popcorn covered in chocolate and white berry popcorn. I tried the white berry popcorn and it was delicious!!


The 4Dx movie experience was literally amazing!! On top of the 3D graphics, the seats move and shake, water and wind blow in your face and you even experience different smells. The Hobbit was a good choice to check out in 4D as the scenes are dynamic and there is so much opportunity for 4D. I mean you really feel like you are in a fight scene when you are getting punched in the back. 


Watching a 4Dx movie was really worthwhile and I was captivated the whole time. You definitely aren't going to fall asleep in a 4D movie. I definitely wan't to check out a couple more 4D movies before leaving Korea. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wilson, my girlfriend just got a teaching job in Jeonju, I'm a Nigerian and I'm wondering if is possible for me to get a job there too, maybe factory jobs since I'm not from english speaking country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, sorry I don't really know anything about other jobs here or how visas would work. I'm sure factory jobs are possible though because there are lots of immigrants. You could try asking for advice on the expat jeonju facebook group called Jeonju Knowledge.

      Delete

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address where you can still find all the Jeonju Living Posts :).

If that does not occur, please visit http://handfulsofmoments.com/blog'.