8 Aug 2014

July Round-up: Part 2

When my mom arrived, Dean and I were proud to act as tour guides of Jeonju and show her around. Her visit was also perfectly timed to coincide with our 3 day vacation so we were extremely lucky to be able to visit Jeju Island.  Here are just a few photos to finish off the end of the month. 

Mum catching on with the Korean ways :) 


The flowers this time of year are lovely.

One of the larger traditional Hanok Village houses.
Enjoying the wonderful treats the village has to offer on a hot day.
A moving tribute to the victims of the Sewol tragedy. Korea is still in deep pain about this. 
More flowers and a cat!
My mom became a bit obsessed with cute Korean children. Snapping pictures whenever she could. Her camera must
be full of them :)
Hillside village. How to disguise a drain pipe. 
Lucky for my mom, she also celebrated her birthday while she was here. We took her to try the famous Jeonju Bibimbap. We went to a restaurant called Gajok Hwegwan and it was definitely the best Bibimbap we have had so far. We followed up with traditional Korean desert Bingsu which is made from shaved ice and has various toppings. It is truly most delicious.
More flowers. In the forest behind our apartment. 
Gym time!! In the forest.
-One a side note, a funny thing happened at school the other day. My middle school students rushed in one evening to tell me about Ebola. And how Ebola is in Africa and that now I am lucky and I don't have to worry because I'm in Korea, I'm safe!!. The blissful ignorance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address where you can still find all the Jeonju Living Posts :).

If that does not occur, please visit http://handfulsofmoments.com/blog'.